Please see the below letters for information about upcoming strike days. There are different arrangements depending on the year group you are currently in. There is also an FAQ with information about the ongoing strike action.
- The academy will be closed to students in years, 7, 8, and 9 on 5 and 7 July 2023.E
- Extra-curricular activities are cancelled for those days.
- The academy will remain open for students in year 12, and for vulnerable students in years 7, 8, and 9. Those children are expected to attend and will have lessons following their normal timetables.
- School will be closed to students in year 10, apart from vulnerable students. Students who are out on work experience placements should continue to attend their placements.
- Any year 10 students on work placements who were expecting to be in school on 5 and 7 July will need to work from home on those days.
- The school will remain open for vulnerable students in year 10. These students are expected to attend and will have a programme of lessons and activities.
- School buses will run as usual on 5 and 7 July.
- The school cafeteria will operate as usual for students who are in school.
We know the decision to close the school to most students will be disappointing for families and will cause challenges for childcare, but we will attempt to work together to manage the impact in the most appropriate way possible.
Industrial action is not undertaken lightly, and decisions can alter over time even in the hours before a strike day. If there is any change, we will keep families updated whenever we have relevant information, to ensure there is clear planning to support our children.